Monday, November 5, 2012

September and October Wrap-Up

As most of you  know, I forgot to do the wrap-up post for September. So like the good procrastinator that I am, I put it off and lumped it with Octobers.  So here it s, though it looks like I read a whole lot -it's two month's worth. And in my opinion, I didn't read enough.
(Keying system: R=Review, RR= Review Related, F= Fun, BB= Banned Book, C=Classics, S=Series)


Books Read:
 The UnWanteds: Island of Silence by Lisa McMann-R
Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn-F, S
The Breakthrough by Jerry B. Jenkins-R
Tap Out by Eric Devine-R
Incarnation by Emma Cornwall -R
Wild Seed by Octavia Butler-R
Hidden in Dreams by Davis Bunn-R
Going Under by Georgia Cates-R
The Wish Giver by Bill Brittain -BB
Shallow by George Cates - R
Griffin Rising by Darby Karchut - R
The Asylum Interviews: Bronx by Jocelyn Drake - RR
The Asylum Interviews: Trixie by Jocelyn Drake - RR
Iridescent by Carol Oates - R
Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut - R
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by -Catherynne M. Valente -F
The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury- R
First Frost by Jennifer Estep-RR
Devil's Wake by Steven Barnes and Tananarive Due - RR

Nerdy Stats-
Total Books Read: 19
Total Pages Read: 4,963

Reviews Posted :
City of Women by David Gillham
The Breakthrough by Jerry Jenkins
Tap Out by Eric Devine
The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
The UnWanteds: Island of Silence by Lisa McMann
Wild Seed by Octavia Butler
Peace at the Edge of Uncertainty by Neil Hanson
Incarnation by Emma Cornwall
Going Under by Georgia Cates
Shallow by Georgia Cates
Griffin Rising by Darby Karchut
Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut
First Frost by Jennifer Estep
The Asylum Interviews by Jocelyn Drake
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

What's coming up?
This week I am doing an "All Things MMA" here on the blog.  There will be MMA stories and video clips. But best of all, there will be a giveaway at the end for Eric Devine's Tap Out, which is think is super grimy and I love love love love that book. He will even be stopping by the blog for an interview.  After that, I will be focusing on review books that I have that are part of a series. I will be trying to finish these up before the new year: Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, Karen E. Taylor's Vampire Legacy, Jennifer Estep's Frost Academy and Laura Ann Gilman's Paranormal Scene Investigations.  After that, we'll see what happens.  Wish me luck and if you can spread the word about the "All Things MMA" week!

Always Shine,
Starr K

No comments:

Post a Comment