Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekly Review



My Thoughts for the Week
      This is something new that I would like to start doing. I share what I think about the books that I read in my reviews. I share the books that I come across in my press releases. So I thought that I would start sharing my thoughts about the week in my editorial column. I mean that’s sort of the point, right?
          This week I only made it through two complete books. I finished Hexed by Kevin Hearne and then finished a re-read of Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel. I did the re-read because after the first time I was so ready for the second book. I wanted; no I needed to have more. Now, I can start Ghost Crown right after turning the last page.  I have to say that DT  still grabbed and held my attention to the last page. It was just as good –if not better- this time as it was when I first read it. The review of  Hexed  will be posted soon.
          I learned a valuable lesson this week as well. I am really selfish when it comes to spending time in the bookstore. I took my nephew and niece with me to get a book and all they wanted to do was look at books that they were interested in. (Go figure!) It wouldn’t have been a problem if they were old enough to wander in the store without close supervision. I know, I know. I am excited that they want to go and find books that are just for them. But there was a limited amount of time and the books were calling me.

Related Links

Always Shine,
Starr K  

No comments:

Post a Comment