Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hot off the Press (23)!!!


This week’s Press Release
May 7, 2012
What is steampunk? This seems to be a genre that has a growing audience. The first steampunk novel I read was The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Men in Black.  You can read my review here . But, I was new to the genre, and I tried to be fair in my review.  For the most part, I believe that genres are only dividers so I don’t have one that I stick to. A good story is a good story. But since reading The Atomic Weight of Secrets, and since I have received more steampunk novels to review I thought that I would check it out. See what works and what doesn’t. If you follow me on Twitter or Goodreads, then you already know that I have been reading The Boneshaker by Cherie Priest, and that I am now a growing fan of hers as well as the steampunk genre.  So the point of this mini-dialogue is you should never write something off until you’ve tried it.  While I believe in giving new authors an honest chance, if it is something new to you, you may want to start with someone who is established in it first.

For Review this week I received:
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
Tattooed by Pamela Callow
Make Me by Parker Blue
Blood Crave by Jennifer Knight
Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan
The Lost Colony and The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield

These are all Netgalley titles. If you have not read Parker Blue's previous books Bite Me, Try Me and Fang Me, then you definitely should. I loved them and so when I saw that the fourth was finally available I had to grab it!. 
 Books I Purchased:
Nothing. So far, I am doing well with impulse buys. Surprisingly, I have gotten a lot of reading finished.  Maybe not buying more books will help me to stay focused on the stacks that I already have, eh? This is what I got this week, what about you. Leave a link to the awesome books you have and I will be sure to check them out.

Always Shine,
Starr K

No comments:

Post a Comment