Sunday, May 26, 2013

From the Editor's Desk: Wait you mean you want reviews?!


Books Received 
Purchased: 
Out of this Silent Planet and That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis 
The Tolkiien Reader by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Essential C.S. Lewis edited by Lyle W. Dorsett
The Road by Cormac McCarthy 
Earth, Song, Spirit edited by Clifford E. Trafzer
The Curious Incident of the Dog int he Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights by John Steinbeck 



What I am Currently Reading:
I am almost finished with the Thermopylae  book. Right now, I am in appendix I. Usually I don't read the preface or appendix, but there is such a wealth of information, that I really couldn't help myself. I am also reading The Enemy, in an attempt to clean up my currently reading shelf on Goodreads. I started it, but obligations (reading and life) got in the way. Plus I was suffering through a bout of book ADD. 

What I will be reading:
I honestly don't know what I will be reading next. I wanted to read the books on my currently reading shelf before trying to tackle anymore books, but I was offered an opportunity to participate in a tour for a book that I really want to read so I couldn't pass it up. I guess if I had more of a structure than I wouldn't take so long reading one book, on the other hand, I'm trying to relax the pressure in my reading and reviewing. So not knowing could be a very good thing. 

What I wish I was reading right now:
I guess this isn't about what I wish I was reading, but doing. I wish that i was posting more reviews. I have some written and ready to be typed up, but I keep forgetting about them. So, that is my goal this week- get three reviews posted. Some of them are long overdue, and some are recent waiting on me to finalize my thoughts.  But I will do them, please don't let me forget.  

Netgalley Adds
Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes 
Awaken by Meg Cabot 
A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway

Well, that's all from my desk! Leave a link or mention in the comments what you're reading this week!!

Always Shine,
Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment