Sunday, January 20, 2013

From the Editor's Desk 1-20-13


SKG Photo

Books Received 
In an attempt to be more consistent and not do so many posts, I am combining my reading pile post with my books received post (this is known by many names, and is self-explanatory). 

I probably will take a break from purchasing books for right now. There aren't any sales going on and I want to work through some of the titles I already have. Plus, some of what I've purchased will help me work through some series. Which is an unspoken reading goal of mine. I started this in November and I've made through 2 series so far. Between review books, tour books and series I have enough on my reading plate for a while. But for now, this is what I got this week:
SKG Photo

Body Double by Tess Gerritsen
Night Huntress by Yasmine Galenorn 
Zohrah the Windseeker by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu
(Body Double and Night Huntress are series purchases) 

SKG Photo

Rise by Andrea Cremer
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead 
(Both are series Purchases)
 

What I am Currently Reading:

This past week was the first week of classes so I tried to focus on getting homework finished before reading. This worked somewhat, but in the end it was slow reading. I will be finishing up Redemption by Susannah Sandlin sometime today. After that I will be reading Absolution.  

What I will be reading:
After Absolution I am not sure whether I will read Pheobe Pope and the Year of the Four or Wings of Arian.  WOA is book 1, and I have Wings of Tavea coming for a tour. Phoebe Pope is also a Tour Book.  Maybe I will just wait and see what I'm in the mood for?

What I wish I was reading right now:
Last week I was content to be reading what I was currently reading. This week I am too, but I've been waiting so long to get my hands on a copy of Zohrah the Windseeker, that I kind of want to read it right now. It looks like it'll be a pretty (or relatively) quick read. Maybe I can sneak it in while I decide on what book to read after Absolution?

Netgalley Adds
After I got Seven Princes by John R. Fultz, I was approved for Seven Kings by John R. Fultz, which is book 2! I like not having to wait for the second in books, especially ones I now I'm gonna love. (Not sure why I'm so confident that I will, and yes I will be really disappointed if I don't.) I do have a couple of pending requests, but we'll wait to see if I'm approved. 

Well, that's all from my desk! Leave a link or mention in the comments what you're reading this week!!

Always Shine,
Starr
SKG Photo   taken by me,  and cannot be used or copied without my express written permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment