Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Readthon Update 2

Okay so I have tried to stay away from the internet and focus on reading. Other than the times I've checked my email or looked for available sub jobs, I've done pretty well with this. But I still feel as though I'm not reading enough . I've had a couple of subbing jobs come up(yesterday as an art teacher which I enjoyed, and tomorrow as a teacher's aid I think.  When I do short read-a-thons, I often feel like I've accomplished a lot. This one, I feel like I've done what i normally do, which means I haven't made that huge of a dent in the stacks. Does this happen to anyone else? Oh well, I want to get at least a couple more chapters read before I start preparing for tomorrow.

Here's my progress:

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: pages read: 23- still reading

Hidden In Dreams by Davis Bunn: pages read: 187- finished

Wild Seed by Octavia Butler: pages read: 29 pages still reading

Total pages read so far (including from last update): 594.
Two books completed

I have been reading multiple books, but I still tend to focus on the one that grabs my attention the most. So it still appears that I read one book at a time. The Hobbit does break it up a bit, so I'm enjoying reading that at a slower pace than I probably would if I read it alone.


Has anyone else decided to join the Read-a-thon?
In case you didn't know or hadn't heard the internet chatter, next week is Banned Book Week.

Back to reading!

Always Shine,
Starr K

No comments:

Post a Comment