Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October's Dream Reading List


I had it all planned out. I would catch up on my review reading and then spend October on reading scary stories. But instead, I found two books that I had started and had not picked up. What’s wrong with these two books? Absolutely nothing, I had just started them when I was going to multitask and read two or three at a time and then couldn’t really focus, so went back down to one. So I am really behind in my reading, in posting my reviews and deciding on the other things I wanted to do for my blog. But really, is this something that only I am struggling with? It’s not fair that there are so many good books out there! So, since I can’t dedicate all of October to scary stories I have decided that I would alternate my reading. Right now I am finishing up Nick of Time  by Tim Downs and Dark Territories by  J Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel.  The saddest thing is that I still remember the day that I got Dark Territories in the mail. I took it to work and showed everyone, called my sister and a few friends. I was really excited about getting this book and really excited about his other book Sleepwalkers.
            I am still excited about reading this, but there are so many books! So this is what I have decided to do: alternate between books that I’m reading for review with the book I planned on reading for a group read –Dracula by Bram Stoker.  I have been in a couple of bookstores and have come across a few more Dracula books: Dracula’s Guest by Bram Stoker, Dracula, the Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt, and Dracula, My Love the Secret Journals of Mina Barker by Syrie James.

So if by some miracle, I am able to make it through those four books before October is over, here is my dream reading list for October:

Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
Naked City edited by Ellen Dalton
Teeth Vampire Tales edited by Ellen Dalton and Terri Windling
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Wish me luck!
Starr K

2 comments: