Monday, July 8, 2013

From the Editor's Desk: July 8, 2013

SKG Photo


For Review:
The Grimm Company byLuke Scull (Penguin First to Read)
Rising Sun, Falling Shadow by Daniel Kalla (Netgalley)
Zombie Nation by E.R. Vernor* (Netgalley)
Demon's Veil by Brandice Snowden* (Netgalley)

*Not Compatible with the Kindle so I'm not sure if I'll get to it before it expires

From the Library:


Nothing 

Gifted;
Nothing

Purchased:
Well.....half price was having a really good sale, so I kind of put my bookshelf challenge on pause for the day. And restarted it as soon as I walked out the door. I have also increased my challenge from 10 to 20 now. Picks will be up later this week (a couple are crying to be read so I'm avoiding that stack, lol). 
I am still waiting on a used book from an order from the beginning of June. Waiting so long, I almost forgot about it. Grrrr...

What I'm Currently Reading:
Okay, so this week was the last week of classes, it was also the week of the fourth of July and my birthday. So needless to say, I wasn't so productive on the reading front. Both of the books that I planned on reading are still unfinished. (Though I will be finishing up Diverse Energies tonight!) So, I am currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin (it's good but it's long, so glad I'm reading the print copy.)  The group read for The Dragon's Path has started, so I will be reading that as well. 

What I will be reading:
I don't know which anthology I will be reading next. I am still debating but it will either be Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King or The Moo by Adriena Dame. I will also attempt to read Griffin's Storm by Darby Karchut, The Grimm Company and/or Death's Acre by Dr. Bill Bass and Jon Jefferson. (I am being cautiously optimistic that I will finish The Passage tomorrow. (Or soon :) )

What I wish I was reading right now:
There are still a lot of books that I would love to be reading right now, and that is not to say that I am not enjoying the books that I am currently reading. Because, boy am I! But if I had to pick just one title that I wish I could put on the pile this week but am resisting it would be Hunted by Kevin Hearne. Really, who wouldn't want more Atticus and Oberon?  Plus, there is the stack of recently purchased books that I am avoiding.......



Well, that's all for me! Leave me a link or comment and tell me what your reading plans are!

Always Shine, 
Starr K

SKG Photo   taken by me,  and cannot be used or copied without my express written permission

2 comments:

  1. Full Dark, No Stars was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go put everything down and read HUNTED. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete