Sunday, June 30, 2013

From the Editor's Desk: 6/30/2013- July is Anthology Month


SKG Photo


For Review:
Cut to the Bone by Jefferson Bass (From Edelweiss)


SKG Photo
The Storm Makers by Jennifer E. Smith (from Arcycling)

From the Library:
SKG Photo 

After: Nineteen Stories of the Apocalypse Ed. by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling 
The Iowa Awards the Best Stories from Twenty Years selected by Frank Conroy 

Gifted;
(From Lauren, a lovely lady in my writing group. She was giving books away and this is what I got.)
SKG Photo

The Pillars of Hercules by Paul Theroux

Purchased:
(This was from the last order, everything is in except for a pre-order.)
SKG Photo 

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald

What I'm Currently Reading:
Let's see,I didn't finish World War Z last week like I planned. Because of school and the Shutdown Tour, I didn't finish it until yesterday. Which means that I didn't touch Carrier of the Mark. But I did finish Shutdown and have already posted my review. I then went on to finish World War Z and Saga Volume 1. Right now I am reading Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. It's a pretty fast read so far, so unless I decide to do homework I will probably finish it tonght. 

What I will be reading:
This month's theme is Anthologies. So I will be reading a bunch of those-some I have for review, some I've gotten from the library and some that I have had for a while. I tried making a list and working from those, but then I realized just how many I've had. Then I found some that I left out. So, I will just see which one suits my mood week by week. There are 5 weeks in July so I plan on reading at least 5.  I've already started Diverse Energies (I only read two stories) so I will finish that up this week. Since I didn't get to Carrier of the Mark last week, I hope to get to it this week. 

What I wish I was reading right now:
Oh, there are so many books I would love to be reading right now. Since this is my last week of classes I will have more time to read. But that time will also be split with writing. I really want to start the Body Farm series by Jefferson Bass, as well as Darby Karchut's books. Honestly, I think it's time that I pay a little bit more attention to my challenges as well. We'll see where the moon takes me. 



Well, that's all for me! Leave me a link or comment and tell me what your reading plans are!

Always Shine, 
Starr K

SKG Photo   taken by me,  and cannot be used or copied without my express written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment