Sunday, March 31, 2013

From the Editor's Desk: Back on Schedule

SKG Photo

Yea, it's been almost six weeks since I've done one of these posts. And that post said that I was going to be more consistent. On that end -epic fail. I also mentioned that I had purchased a whole lot of books and that I was going to be focusing on Reading through my bookshelf. Another epic fail. But all is not lost and I have not given up hope, though some may have. April 1st is tomorrow and that is the kick-off for the beginning of my 15 book challenge.  Wish me luck.


Books Received 
In an attempt to be more consistent and not do so many posts, I am combining my reading pile post with my books received post (this is known by many names, and is self-explanatory). 

I have purchased quite a few books since the last Editor's Desk post, and I haven't been taking pictures like I intended. To save time, I will just highlight some of my purchases. 
Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver 
World War Z by Max Brooks 
Victim Six and Fear Collector by Gregg Olsen
Little Brother, Homeland, and For the Win by Cory Doctrow 
Rise Again by Ben Tripp 
The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
....
Yes, there are lots (lots) more, but I don't really want to pull them out of their spots on the bookshelf. 


What I am Currently Reading:

I am currently reading Released Souls by Karice Bolton. I read Altered Souls for review and after finishing  Lonely Souls I knew that I would want to continue this series so I purchased RS. Oh my, there is never rest for this characters!

What I will be reading:
Honestly, I am not sure what I will be reading next. I have started reading 6 different books just in passing. But I've been dying to get into Griffin's Storm  and Finn Finnegan.  There isn't anything that I have to be reading so I have time to explore. 

What I wish I was reading right now:
Everything that I've purchased! Yea, I got some good stuff and had a few review books come my way so i want to read them all. In honor of the season finale, I will say that my hands are itching to reading the first Walking Dead novel, i grabbed it up as soon as it came out in paperback. 

Netgalley Adds
I've received a few titles, and I will be throwing them into the mix. But not really sure which one jumps out at me right now. 

Well, that's all from my desk! Leave a link or mention in the comments what you're reading this week!!

Always Shine,
Starr
SKG Photo   taken by me,  and cannot be used or copied without my express written permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment