Monday, June 11, 2012

BEA BOOK HIGHLIGHT


 I received BEA Buzz Books via Netgalley, so I have excerpts from over 30 of the anticipated books of fall. To pass on this excitement, for the next couple of weeks as I read an excerpt that screams at me that I need to get the full book I will share it with you!


Burn for Burn  by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian, S&S for Young Reader, September 12, 2012

Synopsis (From Goodreads): BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...THEY GET EVEN.
Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister. Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.
  Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him. Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.
My Thoughts

I have to admit, the idea of girls seeking revenge for wrongs done to them is not the most original idea.  But then I read the excerpt and each girl has her own voice, each girl is trying to deal with something that is uniquely theirs.  The writing was smooth and carried you into each girls' head effortlessly.  I want to know the whole story, I want to know what becomes of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment