Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Even More Dragon Stones

There are some books that stay with you, the effects that linger in your mind and you find that you can't get enough. That book for me is Dragon Stones.  I have already posted my "official" review but I still feel like there is more to say about that book.
I really like Elias, yea I know that I said that there wasn't a lot of depth to the his character. But that's according to the prophecy that he is unknowingly supposed to fulfill. Is he the one that they all need to rescue themselves from the evil emperor? Or is the one that aids the prophesied person? Following tradition, my guess would be it is Elias that they are waiting on. But he doesn't know it, so therefore he is not burdened with that task.
But he does have a burden to carry, it is because of his disobedience that his grandmother is now dead. But, as we learn more about his grandmother and family in general, I think we can see that she was willing participant -she made the choice to die so that Elias could live. It was her way of contributing to the good side and helping one last time.  But Elias is sad over the loss of her. That's understandable since she is his last living family member. He doesn't whine about it, he sets off to do what she has asked him to.  And the ability alone to do that is admirable.
Then there's Thorin, the dwarf that he encounters and who is now helping Elias. What a character! If I ever go on a journey, I wish I had a friend like Thorin to go with me. Thorin seems to know everyone and all the places to go and the ones to avoid.  He is wise and older than he looks. He is able to tell Elias stories about his family, and knows the dark secret that flutters in Elias' family's past.
Tallin and Duskeye are currently my favorite dragon and dragon rider pair. They have  such a tragic history but still they stand and fight and that to me is the perfect example of bravery.

I think I could go on and on about Dragon Stones,  but I won't. I received part two yesterday and will start that soon, and I honestly can't wait.

Always Shine,
Starr K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Starr; thanks for the wonderful review on Dragon Stones. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I hope you have a good time reading book 2, and I'll make sure you're on the mailing list when book 3 comes out in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristian! I haven't started part 2 yet, but if everything goes according to plan, I will be starting it this week. Being on the mailing list would be great. I am definitely looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete