Sunday, September 11, 2011

Highlights of the Week


I kind of like this idea of highlighting things, though I think I have to work on the categories.
Recent Store Purchases: 
The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares 
Deeper Water by Robert Whitlow
The Help by Kathryn Scott (definitely looking forward to spending some time with this one)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Yea this is the last of the series and I will purchase the first two, but since I’ve read them I’ll probably put it off for now). 
Goodies in the Mail:
Unbound by Lori Devoti ( I won a contest and got to pick out one of her books)
Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead 
Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie 
Goodies in my email 
(These are from authors who have personally asked me to review their books and they come in a digital format.)
The Dark Gifts: Birthright by Willow Cross 
Rachel Wicks by Doreen McNicol 
The Three Warriors Against the Grand Master by Susan Honey 
Those Amazing Dogs African River Adventure by Edwinn M. Fenne
Pick-Up From the Library:
None
Focus on Netgalley:
All Different Kinds of Free by Jessica McCann (I am actually almost finished with this one and will post the review Sunday)
Frost Moon by Anthony Francis 
Eyewall by H.W. “Buzz” Bernard 
ARCs I have received:
 Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent 
Books that Caught My Eye:
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers 
Spellbound by Kelley Armstrong 
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
The Keepers by Monique O’Connor James 
Well I am positive that there a whole more books that caught my eye, but I think that right now I have enough books on my hands.  So what caught your eye this week?
Always Shine,
Starr K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Starr, I was goggling the Smashwords.com self publishing site, under SEO, which is search engine for author's self published ebooks on above site. I submitted a work in progress to be review under Susan Honey, just looking for feedback. I have read your blog, it is refreshing and to the point about book reviews. Some authors would be insult other would appreciate the truth. Well anyway, I would like to promote your blog if you wish at a facebook page I have created for shared authors, Message to my Children Fantasy Escapism under Catherine Mahoney a/k Susanna Catherine Honey Mahoney. I tried to find a email or contact address for you, no luck. If interested please contact me at smahoney30@gmail.com. I am also on Goodreads and if you come to the Indie authors you can find more fanastic books to put on TBR list and reach your goal of 150. Peace Sue Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I sent you an email, already if not --please promote my blog and I have your work to review..

    ReplyDelete