Sunday, July 14, 2013

From the Editor's Desk 7/14/13

SKG Photo


For Review:
Infinity Ring Book 5: cave of Wonders by Matthew J. Kirby (Netgalley)
The Returned by Jason Mott (Netgalley)
Saxon's Bane by Geoffry Gudgion (Netgalley)
Panic by Lauren Oliver (Edelweiss)
Warrior by Ellen Oh (Edelweiss)
Her Dark Curiousity by Megan Shepard (Edelweiss)


From the Library:
The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan
Epic Legends of Fantasy edited by John Joseph Adams

Gifted:
 Hunted by Kevin Hearne
Plus a whole stack of awesome books that I'm too lazy to get up and get so I can list- but they're awesome. 
(Thanks Theresa! Always feeding the addiction, you're such a book dealer!)


Purchased:
Still waiting on that one book from an order about a month ago. :( 
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
(I will get the picks up sometime this week, hopefully). 

What am I currently reading?
Well,, I kind of went off pile last week. I didn't finish The Passage last week and I didn't start Dragon's Path either. I did finish reading Diverse Energies and I finished up Carrier of the Mark by Liegh Fallon.  After much twisting of my arm, Darby Karchut convinced me to drop everything and read Hunted by Kevin Hearne. I will finish that tonight, though I am not sure if I will be emotionally ready to post the review this week. 


What will I be reading?
Well, I still have a couple more weeks of July so I will be putting another anthology on the pile. I am going to try to read After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia. I will also focus on catching up on the Dragon's Path read-a-long. And I will finish The Passage.  I figure if I aim to read more than 3, I will just go off-pile again so if by any chance I finish these three reading goals, I will pick a random book. 

What I wish I was reading:
Oh I have so many books I want to read and so many I want to re-read. Every week when I think that I have it under control, something pops up. For instance, I have been trying to get to Finn Finnegan  and Griffin's Storm for a long time. I was moving stuff around in order to get my office straightened out and discovered that I have both I Hunt Killers and The Game by Barry Lyga. Now, I've already read I Hunt Killers, but I remember counting down the days to get the sequel. I got it the week that it came out and it's still sitting unread. I also have my own copy of Amy Zoll's  Gladiatrix: The True Story of History's Unknown Woman Warrior. I reaaaaalllly want to read that. 

Reviews Posted:
Yep, I suck. I intended to type up my review of Diverse Energies and post it Thursday. I decided to do something a little different and discuss the reactions I had after each story. This is much more difficult than I thought that it would be. But I plan on finishing it and having that along with my review of Wolf Mark by Joseph Bruchac up Tuesday. Here's Hoping!

Well, that's all for me! Leave me a link or comment and tell me what your reading plans are!

Always Shine, 
Starr K

SKG Photo   taken by me,  and cannot be used or copied without my express written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment